Careers @ Lucid Towers
1st & 2nd Line IT Tech Support Officer
A bit little about us:
Lucid Computer Solutions, was formed in 2008. We're based in Redditch, Worcestershire. We’re a small business. We operate from our humble offices, known as Lucid Towers. We’re IT geeks, but we talk to our customers in plain English, you’ll find no jargon, no sales talk, and no braces or Windsor knot ties here.
Why we exist:
Lucid Computer Solutions believe that a great customer service experience is at the centre of making businesses more productive through the use of IT services.
How we do things:
We deliver on our promise by providing a prompt and clear response to all our of clients and suppliers, that is jargon free.
What we do:
We provide IT Solutions and ongoing support to businesses around the West Midlands area.
What we’re after:
You will be based at Lucid Towers in Redditch (B97 5AA), providing 1st and 2nd line support to our customers via our help desk, ensuring they have a great customer service experience every time. Alongside this you will be required on occasion to attend our customers sites to carry out support duties and install new computer related hardware, therefore a full driving license and your own vehicle is essential.
Overall daily expectations:
- Ensure inbound calls are answered promptly, in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Ensure any tickets are logged accordingly when receiving phone calls
- Respond to and resolve tickets within our service level agreement times
- Raise any problems with workload with the Team Leader, before it affects customers
- Raise any potential customer problems with the Team Leader
- Ensure work is completed based on the overall ticket priorities of the business
- Assist 1st line support team as required
- Solve at least 10 tickets per day
Typical technical day-to-day duties will include (but certainly not exclusively):
- Troubleshooting problems with computer hardware, software and applications
- Working Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Server and Microsoft Office applications
- Setting up and maintaining users, setting folder permissions and providing overall maintenance for Microsoft Windows Server based products
- Resolving issues arising from malware, spyware and computers viruses
- Troubleshooting and assisting with advanced computer network / wireless related problems
- Troubleshooting and assisting with Internet related problems
- Maintaining Internet routers and firewalls (such as VPN’s, opening ports and overall security)
- Setting up and maintaining cloud backup and synchronisation software
- Setting up and maintaining Hosted Exchange email systems such as Office 365
- Installation of new computers , laptops and servers
- Carrying out onsite computer / network troubleshooting
- Carrying out onsite installation of computers, networking equipment and servers
You will have had previous experience and working knowledge of:
- Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Windows Server family of products
- Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
- Anti Virus software / Anti Spam solutions
- Computer networking
You’ll be needing these traits and skills:
- Excellent telephone manner / able to explain technical problems in plain English to non-technical people
- Excellent written English
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent punctuality and have a proven attendance record
- Quick learner, enthusiasm for technology and hard working
- Full UK Driving license, own car with business insurance (for travelling to customer sites)
What we can offer you:
- An environment where you will learn lots - and quickly
- A flexible 37.5 hour working week, covering Monday - Friday
- Dress down Friday’s
- Sometimes we have pizza on Fridays to...
- All the tea and coffee you could wish for
- Travel expenses (to customer sites) covered at 45p per mile
- Starting salary of £17,000 PA
Just to warn you now…
- We work in a highly demanding environment, both from our customers and our own high expectations, this isn’t for the faint hearted!
- We work to agreed timed service levels, which we must adhere to.
- The work you carry out is logged and tracked, so we can assess what work you’re completing and time spent doing this.
- We’re a small team in a small office, we all have to play our part, there is nowhere to hide.
- This role will be stressful sometimes, you will need grit and determination to get you through.
- If you’re not comfortable with handling lots of calls and customers every day, this role isn’t for you.
Closing date for applications: 14th April 2017
Ready to apply?
Great! Send your CV and letter of application to email@example.com