Careers @ Lucid Towers
2nd Line IT Technical Support
A bit little about us:
Lucid Computer Solutions, was formed in 2008. We are based in Redditch, Worcestershire. We’re a small business, with a team of five people. We’re IT geeks, but we talk to our customers in plain English, you’ll find no jargon, no sales talk, and no braces or Windsor knot ties here.
Why we exist:
Lucid Computer Solutions believe that a great customer service experience is at the centre of making businesses more productive through the use of IT services.
How we do things:
We deliver on our promise by providing a prompt and clear response to all our of clients and suppliers, that is jargon free.
What we do:
We provide IT Services, IT Solutions and provide ongoing IT Support to businesses around the West Midlands area.
What we’re after:
You will be based at Lucid Towers in Redditch (B97 5AA), providing 2nd line support and solutions to our customers via our help desk, ensuring they have a great customer service experience every time. Alongside this you will be required to attend our customers sites to carry out support duties and install new computer related hardware, therefore a full driving license and your own vehicle with business insurance is essential.
You will have had at least one years technical experience using the following:
- Providing IT Support to end users (remotely/on the phone/onsite)
- Windows Server - 2008/2012/2016
- Windows 10 and Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Maintaining and deploying server hardware
- Microsoft Office Applications and Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
- Computer networking - Troubleshooting and configuring switches and wireless access points
- Configuring Internet routers (such as VPN, Port Forwarding)
You’ll be needing these traits and skills:
- Excellent telephone manner / able to explain technical problems in plain English to non-technical people
- Excellent written English
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent punctuality and have a proven attendance record
- Quick learner, enthusiasm for technology and hard working
- Full UK Driving license, own car with business insurance (for travelling to customer sites)
Overall daily expectations:
- Ensure inbound calls are answered promptly, in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Ensure any tickets are logged accordingly when receiving phone calls
- Respond to and resolve tickets within our service level agreement times
- Ensure work is completed based on the overall ticket priorities of the business
- Liaise with 1st Line/3rd Line Support as required
- Solve at least 10 tickets per day
Typical technical day-to-day duties will include (but certainly not exclusively):
- Troubleshooting problems with computer hardware, software and applications (based around Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications)
- Setting up and maintaining Hosted Exchange/Office 365 email systems
- Preparing desktop computers and laptops ready for site / installing onsite
- Visiting customer sites to install computers, laptops, and network equipment such as switches, routers and wireless access points
- Troubleshooting and assisting with computer network (switches), wireless and Internet related problems (remotely and onsite)
- Carrying out Windows Server maintenance/support
- Resolving issues arising from malware, spyware and computers viruses
What we can offer you:
- A flexible 37.5 hour working week, covering Monday - Friday
- Dress down Friday’s
- Sometimes we have pizza on Fridays to...
- All the tea and coffee you could wish for
- Travel expenses (to customer sites) covered at 45p per mile
- Salary range from £15,000 - £17,000 depending on experience
Just to warn you now…
- We work in a highly demanding environment, both from our customers and our own high expectations, this isn’t for the faint hearted!
- We work to agreed timed service levels, which we must adhere to.
- The work you carry out is logged and tracked, so we can assess what work you’re completing and time spent doing this.
- The volume of tickets you solve and the hours you log each day are displayed for all the team to see in our office.
- If you can’t work unsupervised - please don’t apply.
- We’re a small team in a small office, we all have to play our part, there is nowhere to hide.
- This role will be stressful sometimes, you will need grit and determination to get you through.
- The phone rings...a lot...typically around fifty times a day - if you’re not comfortable with handling lots of calls and customers every day, this role isn’t for you.
- Whilst training will be given in the specific products and services we use, we really need someone to hit the ground running with existing technical knowledge
- We will be expecting you to be able jump straight into tasks such as server maintenance, be able to troubleshoot Internet/network problems and be able to visit site (and deliver the wow factor to our customers).
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th June 2018
Ready to apply?
Great! Send your CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org